Friday, January 9, 2009

xmas break in Melbourne

Christmas break (Melbourne part) was quite fantastic:
It started off with celebrating the twins 2nd birthday on the 19th. They celebrated in style with their new awesome party outfits and a few friends. We were exhausted by the end of the day after all the preparations and party hosting.

On the 24th Mel and I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon at St-Kilda beach.

The 25th was busy and fun which made me miss home a little less. It started off with Wyatt knocking at my door and yelling “Merry Christmas” at 7am so we could all start opening Christmas presents. I was quite spoiled as were the children, I received a shirt with a penguin on it from Cooper, socks from Maddie, a calendar from Wyatt, some creams, lots of Chocolate, an external hard drive (due to my many computer problems L ) and a book called : confessions of an ugly step sister (by the author of wicked)
Jeff prepared a massive xmas breakfast including Australian style bacon, eggs and tasty taters. YUMMY!
We then headed to Brighton beach for a nice morning of shovelling (sand instead snow).
For Dinner Mel prepared a great turkey roll, and xmas dinner. The day was topped off with some Rummikub with Mel and Jeff. Quite an awesome day.

26th: I ventured to Chadstone, which was crazy and the deals weren’t even that great. In the afternoon we headed to Caulfield park to see “boxwars”. Mel had received a txt message from a friend telling her about it and we were under the assumption it was the name of the band but no.. it was literally box wars! I found this event very entertaining, people dressed up in intricate cardboard costumes proceeded to ram into each other until all was destroyed. It was mayhem and the children seemed to enjoy haha. We then went to have a picnic and play at the play structure. this was my fav. of all the "costumes"->


27: We went for a gorgeous outing to Mornington Peninsula and I had my 1st full swim in the Ocean since I got here. We were spoiled in terms of weather for the Holidays. What a great time for the weather to finally decide to shape up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a pretty nice christmas. I think they need to start a boxwars in Ottawa, in the snow for added difficulty.
miss you!
Lorraine